I noticed that I haven’t posted any breakfast recipes yet, so here is an amazingly moist and delicious cinnamon swirl coffee cake! If you are a fan of coffee cake or crumb cake, then this is definitely a go-to recipe. This cake could even be considered a Starbucks Coffee Cake copy-cat because it has similar taste and texture.
Cinnamon Coffee Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar until light fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with sour cream, beating just enough after each addition to keep batter smooth. Spoon a third of batter into a greased 10-in. tube pan (or 9×13 pan)
- Combine cinnamon, nuts and remaining sugar; sprinkle a third over batter in pan. Repeat layers two more times.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 16-20 servings.
© Taste of Home 2014