Hey everyone! Long time, no see.
I feel like it has been forever since I posted on this blog. Things have just been very busy between school and activities, but today I hope this recipe makes up for my hiatus…
I present to you “Outrageous Brownies”. (The official recipe goes by another name starting with an “s”, but I like to keep it clean and use “outrageous” instead 😉 ) This recipe has been floating all around Pinterest and the internet and I finally decided to give it a try, which was a pretty good decision of mine.
These brownies have a layer of cookie dough, Oreo cookies, and a rich, fudgy brownie layer. With 3 of my most favorite treats, what’s not to love about these brownies? The three layers all compliment each other and make for a delicious dessert that family and friends will be going crazy for. I brought these in for a class party and they were a hit! I could not believe how quickly these brownies were eaten… Okay, maybe I did expect them to be a hit 🙂
I will definitely be making these “Outrageous Brownies” again, and you should give them a try too. Any chocolate fan will fall in love with these perfect, decadent, and delicious brownies. Give these a try and let me know what you think!
Happy baking (and happy almost-summer)!
'Outrageous' Cookie Dough Oreo Brownies
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1 package of Oreo (regular stuffed or double stuffed)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (at room temp)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups AP flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the Brownie layer:
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the sugar and cocoa powder once the butter is melted. Whisk to combine and remove from heat. Add the salt, vanilla and eggs and continuously whisk until the eggs are combined. Add the flour and continue to mix. Set batter aside.
For the Cookie Dough layer:
- Cream together the butter and sugars in a mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until everything is incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips. Set dough aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the bottom of a 9×9 baking pan with tin foil and then spray the tin foil with a layer of baking spray.
- Layer the cookie dough on the bottom of a 9×9 baking pan, pressing down to form the bottom of the brownies.
- Layer as many oreos that will fit on top of the cookie dough. No need to overlap. One single layer will do.
- Pour the brownie batter on top of the oreo layer and make sure it’s evenly layers on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Test with a knife to see if the center is done. If the knife comes out clean, let the brownies rest before serving. If the knife comes out with batter still on it, allow the brownies to bake about 5 minutes more.
- Serve with ice cream 🙂